Everywhere


firstly i need to say a massive thank you  to
for  a big mention on their blogs.
Also thank you to everyone for their lovely comments.
I really felt the love thank you. 
in a very short time i have made friends with 
a group of supportive, creative , zany and kind 
clothes addicts.
I love you all.
 It has added such a wealth to my days finding you .



My outfit today is called  memories .
I bought this dress about 15 years ago
 in portobello market from a young designer.
I saw it billowing in the wind.
It was love at first sight.
When i was a kid we had an
blue glass lady in a bowl in the centre of our kitchen table.
It was my job for  15 years to take her off the table while we ate dinner 
and put her back after. 
I remember doing my homework and looking at her.
We formed a very close bond.
When i was 18 i went travelling for the summer.
When i came back someone had broken the lady.
It felt like a symbolic event.
Shortly after i left my family and never lived there again.
The lady had set me free.


Case from Lucy's 

i'm at stylish patti's visible monday



This turban i have for over 25 years.


I am a complete and utter dreamer .
I love hearing other peoples dreams and ambitions for their life.

A few week ago,
I got an email from hazel
She told me of her dream to have her own label, own a shop and expand her love of clothes.
She came to the shop and chose some clothes that were ripe for improvement.
here's what she did.




This is hazel also modelling .
beauty and brains.



heres her blog.



I love this one

Some visitors.


This girl got her outfit for the trinity ball
yearly celebration on tonight. 
At Ireland's biggest and oldest university.



Love stories begin at Lucy's.
They met 5 minutes before the hug.



Sandro 
our very handy, handy man.
from Columbia.
He goes home every winter and brings back the good weather with him.
He makes a great selection of jewellery.




Dapper dandy.
13 years old.



We do a scheme in the shop 
'sing for your suffer'
If you entertain us and our customers 
we give you a free dress.
We've has lots of impromptu gigs.
We have an amp and mike.
it's serious stuff!
Come and entertain us.
This girl is singing next week.

20 comments:

mispapelicos said...

It is fantastic to find dreamers like you, my dear Deidre ( lucy).
You are the proof that age has nothing to do with anything.
love and admiration always.
You have enriched my life too, dear friend.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Anonymous said...

It's great to have had the chance to meet kindred spirits, before I started to write my blog I lost all my hopes! I'm sure that we'll all meet one day and we would be like a bunch of old friends !
I love the story of the glass lady, it's great to know a little more about each other!
Your outfit is marvellous and I love the dress and the turban!
It's amazing to see that an unique designer's piece is always timeless.
The beautiful Hazel did an amazing job in restyling those clothes, the shirt is something that I wouldn't wear before but that I like very much now!
I can't wait to visit your shop!
Love xxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that you name your outfits, Lucy, and it was a real treat hearing your story of the Blue Lady. The dress, and turban, are both fabulous. Thanks for introducing us to the lovely Hazel; will def check out her blog! xo

Vix said...

I love your story about the glass lady. Like you, once I left home my life started for real and I never returned there to live.
That dress is stunning and I bet you already knew I'd love that turban.
Hazel did a great job, what incredible vision. xxx

thorne garnet said...

Love the little movie Bella Q posted about you and the shop. What a fun place. And the photos of the folks shopping are really fun, real people with their own style! Right now I'm wearing a Hawaiian dress because I'm going to a luau, well, it's really a bar-b-que, but I didn't want to dress like a cowboy!

mispapelicos said...

I always buy second hand, Lucy.
Thank you for your lovely comment.
My husband is English, and madly in love with Irerland,so we may meet one day.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Becky said...

I love the sing for your supper idea! I have a small consignment booth, but hope to expand to a little shop and I would so do that!!!!!
Thank you for the inspo,
Becky :)

Helga said...

O, I love the sing for your Suffer idea!
Isn't it fabularse that we've all found each other, our kindred spirits?! Shame we're all so far away...
Hazel is a BABE, and clearly talented! I'm gonna hop over and check out ehr blog as soon as I'm done here.
I am IN LOVE weith that dear case, and the frock is amazing! So simple and so beautiful!
The lady in the turban is a FOX.
XXX

Forest City Fashionista said...

You get such stylish folk in your shop - I wish I could visit. You could be a sail on a ship of dreams in the dress in the first photo! I enjoyed the story of the glass lady in the bowl. After I left home at 18 I never went back there to live either.

I love the way that Hazel upscales a shirt or dress with a bit of contrasting fabric - she's beautiful and creative.

two squirrels said...

Places and time forming the interwoven memories of our lives always seem to play out in objects and clothing. Its because we are daydreamers.
I just loved your story of a precious lady in glass.
It has been such an inspiration to find you here.
love V

Sara said...

Hey there, friend! :D I absolutely love the idea of entertainment in your shoppe; that's so awesome!!! I would do it in a heartbeat. If only I could wander your shoppe..it seems like such a magical place.

I love the story of the lady freeing you. :) Very sweet. I had a simliar responsibility of removing a centerpiece before and after dinner. It's wonderful, the things that stay with us..

I ADORE this beautiful dress. It is right up my alley, for sure! It's magnificent, and you look lovely! I love clothing that billows and flows freely..and that turban is stunning! It's such a unique piece. XOXO

The Style Crone said...

How I love your gorgeous turban!

Miss Simmonds Says said...

I'd love to be a bit closer to Lucy's, it looks like so much fun! I always love everything you wear, every outfit is a work of art. The young dapper dandy is very cool indeed! The story of the glass lady is really poignant xxx

Curtise said...

A beautiful flowy dress, and amazing turban, and I bet that little case has seen some adventures!
Blogging is a fabulous way of meeting likeminded spirits, and you have been welcomed into the community because you are another quirky, creative and kind soul!
The story of the blue glass lady is very evocative of moving on and change - I never again lived at home after I left at 18. It was time to go, as it was for you.
Hazel's upcycling is lovely, and I always enjoy seeing all the folk who hang out at Lucy's. We all wanna be there! xxxxx

Patti said...

Love your turban, Lucy. And as always, I adore the stories of the people who pass through (or stay at) your shop. It's magical! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

Melanie said...

Oh, Lucy, I would sing for you and you would have to give me a lovely dress to stop! I could tap dance as well, even though I don't know how, because I love it so.

I love how the lady set you free. That is a beautiful story. I see you spinning and spinning in this beautiful ensemble.

Unknown said...

Ooh I would sing for you day and night!

What a beautiful, magical world you have created Lucy. I am mad envious and also love this incredible community of wonderful misfits and honest artists.

You are brilliant and beautiful and perfect, just as you are.

Sarah xxx

Unknown said...

Visiting from the link up. I'm also hosting one this Thursday April 11. Show me your favorite Spring Trend. HOpe you can join. I'm also doing a giveaway for a $300 gift card to Gap. Check it out.

Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.com

perfumehk said...

so nice pics ,
Parfum pas cher

Flora Cruft said...

It's so great to have met you my dear, and I love the fantasmagorical outfit you're wearing, wonderfully ethereal! I went for a similarly hippy chic look for my latest post, isn't it lovely the sun's coming out.
Great pictures of your well dressed customers too.